Technical Writer Certification (CTW): This professional certification program was developed by the Business Training Institute and is designed for a professional that wants to either step into or further their career within the technical writing industry. This course will teach you the fundamentals of technical writing along with best practices, mistakes to avoid, and strategies on how to either use technical writing to build a career, business, or to make a living from technical writing itself.
Benefits of completing Technical Writer Certification (CTW) Designation: The #1 reason that most professionals complete the CTW Program is that they want to very quickly improve their knowledge within the technical writing space while also building credentials that are directly relevant within this niche industry.
- Add the Technical Writer Certification (CTW) Designation to your resume, assuring employers that you are dedicated to working in the industry, passionate about learning more about the industry and able to work more efficiently after being promoted or hired.
- Educational Videos & Exclusive Access to video-based instruction, career tools, and audio interviews ($324 value: all free with membership)
- Speak the language: Earning the (CTW) Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the technical writing industry.
- Downloads: CTW-Syllabus (PDF) | CTW-Study-Guide (PDF)
- Instructional Videos: 29 Instructional Videos (4-12 Minutes Each) (Example Video Module)
- Audio Expert Interviews: 4 Audio Interviews with Technical Writing Experts (Example MP3 Interview)
Potential participants in the Certified Technical Writer Designation include those looking to enter the technical writing field in industries such as science, engineering, health care, government, business, project management, and more. This technical writing training program has been completed by hundreds of professionals and is specifically designed for those individuals who work in the technical writing industry or would like to further develop their professional skills in the area of technical writing. Add The Certified Technical Writer (CTW) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Technical Writer (CTW) program. Once you graduate, you can add the CTW designation to your name and the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed technical writer fundamentals training and certification program which required a strategic project and covered technical writing terms, project management, writing for global audiences, and best practices.
- Obtained an 80% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on technical writing which included 90 multiple choice questions and essay questions.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: The following is a sample of the expert audio interviews included within this technical writer training program. Saul Carliner is a generalist in the workplace of learning and communication, with substantial tenures in both academia and industry in both fields. His teachings and research focus on the design of learning and necessary communication materials for the workplace (especially in emerging genres and media); the management of groups that produce these materials; and the transfer of research to practice. Carliner serves as the Provost Fellow for e-Learning and Director of the Education Doctoral Program as well as Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication and Research Director of Lakewood Media-publisher of Training magazine and producer of the Training and Online Learning Conferences. He has over 200 publications, including the books Informal Learning Basics, Training Design Basics, The e-Learning Handbook (with Patti Shank), and 50 peer-reviewed publications. A long-time community leader, Carliner has chaired at an international professional organization, museum membership auxiliary, civic transit board, several allocations committees for community foundations, and served on boards of several arts, professional and community organizations.
Here is a Sample Audio Interview: (Download this Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Here is an example video from this technical writer certification and training program: How to Approach Technical Writing for a Global Audience (Download in MP4 Video Format)
BusinessTraining.com is operated by the Global Training & Certification (G.T.C.) Institute, LLC. We have trained and certified well over 3,000 participants and our platform provides the #1 most practical, challenging and globally relevant certification platform. The self-paced financial analyst training program is delivered through online lecture videos, an audio program, a workbook, and step-by-step screen capture tutorials. Learn more about the Business Training Institute by clicking here.
- Lifetime access to program resources
- Instructional video modules
- Expert audio interviews Career coaching help
- Resume template feedback service
1) Question: Are there weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or sessions that are scheduled at specific times?
Answer: There are no weekly homework assignments, phone calls, or classes scheduled. In fact, the only set dates in our programs are the four exam dates that we offer each year. The program is entirely self-paced.
Once you have registered, you will be provided with login details to access our proprietary certification platform. After you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch the program’s video training modules, complete your strategic project (as laid out in the study guide), email our faculty with questions, complete the self-grading practice test, and schedule your online examination. Our examination is offered 100% online, which has allowed participants from over 40 countries to participate and complete our programs.
2) Question: How can I use this certification on my resume or bio after completing it?
Answer: While you are enrolled in the program you can note that you are currently a candidate. For example, if taking the Certified Technical Writer (CTW) program, you can note on your resume or business profiles that you are a CTW Candidate.
After completing the program, you are then able note that you are certified in this area on your resume, professional biography, LinkedIn.com account, Facebook account, cover letters for job applications, etc. Contact us if you would like specialized sized images of the designation logo to place on your personal or social media website pages.
3) Question: Will becoming certified really help me in my career?
Answer: We live in a knowledge-based economy. Our programs are geared toward very specific fields and skill sets to help you gain specialized knowledge within areas most critical to your success. Completing a certification program allows you to show others on your resume and bio that you are more well-trained and credible than other professionals in the industry. A recent study by Gartner also showed that certification programs increased compensation by 5-11% on average, and can boost your income by as much as 30-40% annually. When an employer or potential client is choosing between you and someone with very similar work experience and education, being certified is one more thing that will make you stand out from the crowd.
How to Get Started: Register for the CTW now by completing the application below, or our fax/email registration form. You can also contact an enrollment advisor Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) at (305) 503-9050.
Content Tags: Technical Writing Training Program, Technical Writing Certification Program, Online Technical Writing Training, Technical Writing Certificate, Certificate in Technical Writing, Technical Writing Certification, Certifications in Technical Writing, Technical Writing Designation, Technical Writing Designations, Technical Writer Training Program, Technical Writer Certification Program, Online Technical Writer Training, Technical Writer Certificate, Certificate in Writer Writing, Technical Writer Certification, Certifications in Technical Writer, Technical Writer Designation, Technical Writer Designations