The Certified Public Speaker program is a self-paced training and certification program on public speaking fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The Certified Public Speaker program is self-study and 100% online. When working with clients, feel confident knowing the basic and necessary components of structuring marketing assignments and marketing delivery methods. Maintain success with client retention and ethical considerations and guidelines. This program develops the skills necessary to market effectively.
- Certified Public Speaker Syllabus (PDF)
- Certified Public Speaker Study Guide (PDF)
- Video Sample (Mp4)
- Audio Interview Sample (Mp3)
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Public Speaker:
- Leverage public speaking to grow your career, business, or sales pipeline. By knowing how to use a variety of forms of public speaking to position yourself as an authority in your field, and to land speaking engagements with ease you will have a competitive advantage over your competitors.
- Advance your public speaking by raising your level of public speaking knowledge and increasing your ability to deliver a superior speech with less preparation time.
- Lifetime access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the Certified Public Speaker program
Add The Certified Public Speaker program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Public Speaker program. Once you graduate, you can add the Certified Public Speaker designation after your name, and you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Mastered public speaking fundamentals and completed training on how to use public speaking to help position and build a business by attracting new potential clients and business partners.
- Obtained a _80%_ on the two-hour comprehensive examination on public speaking, which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions
How Does This Program Work? Once you register for the Certified Public Speaker program, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online Certified Public Speaker Classroom page. When you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, training videos, and audio resources. After you’ve gone through the materials there and the required text book and feel ready to take the Certified Public Speaker examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination. We offer an exam on the 1st Wednesday of the new month giving you 12 opportunities to take the examination each year. Simply complete the Examination Scheduling form, send an email, or give us a call at least 2 weeks before the upcoming exam date, and we’ll get you set up for the test. After you pass the Certified Public Speaker examination, you’ll be awarded the Certified Public Speaker certificate and designation to use after your name or on professional resumes.
Participants of The Certified Public Speaker Designation program include:
- Anyone who would like to master the fundamentals of public speaking and learn trade secrets that our team has spent over $1M learning while running 45 of our own conferences and workshops over the past 10 years.
- Business owners, sales professionals, and consultants looking to use public speaking to build their business or sales pipeline
- Professional speakers who would like to earn a designation to show their commitment to the profession
- Marketers who would like to use speaking live at events, on webinars, and via video to build a educational marketing program
- Paid speakers who would like to learn how to create a business out of public speaking via paid speeches, selling from the stage, charging for webinars, and hosting your own conferences and workshops
Business Training Institute Course Catalog: Click here if you would like to review all of our training program options, design your Master’s Certificate, or print out and show what programs you want to complete. We encourage you to share our catalog with your boss, business partner, or team.
Master’s Certificate Credit: You can complete any five programs through our platform to earn your Master’s Certificate online. By completing any of our programs to make up your Master’s, you can customize it and make it practical to the unique career path you plan on taking to reach your goals. This program would count as one of five required programs to complete your Master’s Certificate through the Business Training Institute. To learn more please see our Master’s Certificate page for details.
Certified Public Speaker Program Learning Objectives
- Strategies to get hired as a public speaker for conferences, seminars, workshops, etc. How to plan your talk, practices, and prepare to deliver powerful speeches?
- Structuring your talk to provide maximum value and engagement
- Leverage your talk to create various forms of media such as podcast episodes, whitepapers, blog posts, LinkedIn updates, and books.
- How to use public speaking as a tool to attract new clients or to help make sales Positioning your expertise through public speaking
- How to attract offers to speak at industry leading conferences in your field
Expert Audio Interviews: When you enroll in our programs you get practical phone-based audio interviews with experts in the field of study you have chosen, in this particular program you will get access to expert audio interviews with professionals such as:
|Andri Sedniev||Akash Karia|
|Brian Tracy||Gideon Shalwick|
|Fred Miller||James Malinchak|
Video Modules + Audio Interviews + Required Reading Completing the Certified Public Speaker program involves self-paced studying using our library of over 35 concise video modules, executive interviews, and two required texts:
1) No Sweat Public Speaking! How to Develop, Practice, and Deliver a Knock Your Socks Off Presentation with No Sweat! By Fred E. Miller ISBN#: 978-0984396702
2) Talk Like TED: The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds by Carmine Gallo ISBN #978-1250061539
|Audio Interview Sample:
||Video Interview Sample:|
Who Offers the Certified Public Speaker Program? The Certified Public Speaker program is offered through the Business Training Institute, a certification platform that has been educating and providing executives the tools they need to succeed since 2007. Business Training Institute has trained and certified over 15,000 professionals around the world.
Instructor: Richard C. Wilson is a best selling author, and global speaker who currently runs a 20 person team operating several operating businesses in the finance industry. consulted with over 200 diverse clients which include a $80 Billion asset management firm, publicly traded investment bank, Fortune 100 corporation, and number of small to medium sized businesses. Richard has spoken publicly over 200 times now in 17 different countries at events ranging from 25-3,000 professionals each. He has also started and now ran for a decade a conference business where his team hosts 5-10 training events and investment summits each year, and they have hosted 60 such events now over the past ten years. Through this experience Richard has learned not only how to do public speaking but how to leverage this form of communication to develop new business and attract clients towards on a consistent basis. Richard’s education includes a Bachelor’s degree from Oregon State University, an M.B.A. from the University of Portland, and graduate level psychology coursework at Harvard University through their ALM program.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 15,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
How to Get Started: Register for the Certified Public Speaker now by completing the application below, or by filling in our Payment Options Form. You can also contact an enrollment advisor Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) at (305) 503-9050.