The Certified Public Relations Specialist (CPRS) is a professional certification tailored to fit the schedules of busy professionals. With our 100% online learning platform and multimedia study materials; this program provides participants with our easy-to-access and revolutionary training platform. This platform includes audio interviews with industry experts, instructional videos covering the best practices, fundamentals and insights. Create an arsenal of tools, strategies, and tactics to effectively plan and execute a public relations campaign. More importantly, learn why each tool or strategy is implemented, and how strategies work together for each client. With an understanding of the market, the circumstances, and the client’s goals, participants will have the necessary components to create a strategic plan that will be more effective and successful.
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Public Relations Specialist (CPRS) :
- Advance your public relations career by raising your level of public relations knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy.
- Lifetime access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the CPRS Certification Program.
- Speak the public relations language – Earning the CPRS Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading public relations professionals.
Add The Certified Public Relations Specialist (CPRS) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Public Relations Specialist (CPRS) program. Once you graduate, you can add the CPRS designation after your name, and you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed a challenging public relations training and certification program that required the completion of a strategic project.
- Obtained a _80_% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on public relations, which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
How Does This Program Work? Once you register for the CPRS program, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online CPRS Classroom page. When you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, training videos, and audio resources. After you’ve gone through the materials there and the required text book and feel ready to take the CPRS examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination. We offer an exam on the 1st Wednesday of the new month giving you 12 opportunities to take the examination each year. Simply complete the Examination Scheduling form, send an email, or give us a call at least 2 weeks before the upcoming exam date, and we’ll get you set up for the test. After you pass the CPRS examination, you’ll be awarded the CPRS certificate and designation to use after your name or on professional resumes.
Participants of the Certified Public Relations Specialist (CPRS) Program include:
- Public relations professionals looking to improve their public relations expertise and knowledge.
- Students with some professional experience who are looking for continuing education opportunities.
- Seasoned professionals looking for professional self-improvement training in public relations.
- Current business professionals looking to improve their public relations knowledge and leverage the changes the public relations professionals have experienced in the past 10 years.
- Employee groups looking to enhance their public relations knowledge.
Business Training Institute Course Catalog: Click here if you would like to review all of our training program options, design your Master’s Certificate, or print out and show what programs you want to complete. We encourage you to share our catalog with your boss, business partner, or team.
Master’s Certificate Credit: You can complete any five programs through our platform to earn your Master’s Certificate online. By completing any of our programs to make up your Master’s, you can customize it and make it practical to the unique career path you plan on taking to reach your goals. This program would count as one of five required programs to complete your Master’s Certificate through the Business Training Institute. To learn more please see our Master’s Certificate page for details.
Certified Public Relations Specialist (CPRS) Program Learning Objectives
- How to quickly improve your media relations and successful industry communications with the appropriate tone and structure
- Why public relations has become more complex over the last 7 years and how that is forcing leading firms to transform their approach to Public Relations
- How to leverage technology to utilize opportunities to directly connect with your tech-savvy consumers and clients on multiple platforms
- How to structure effective PR materials such as press releases, media kits, and pitches
- How to be responsive and conscientious of consumer inquiries and concerns, helping improve client loyalty and identify opportunities
- How to implement a proven Strategic Public Relations Plan for your business or client
- Why Social Media Must be an Integral Part of a Successful Plan, and how exactly it should be leveraged to manage your online presence
- How to get your customers and others to provide you feedback, opinions and product insights for free
- How to create an authority position for your firm in the industry which will bring continuous warm leads to your website and team
Expert Audio Interviews: When you enroll in our programs you get practical phone-based audio interviews with experts in the field of study you have chosen, in this particular program you will get access to expert audio interviews with professionals such as:
|Akash Karia||Marsha Friedman|
|Ann Smith||Myra Golden|
|Jason Aiken||Patsi Krakoff|
Video Modules + Audio Interviews + Required Reading Completing the CPRS program involves self-paced studying using our library of over 120 concise video modules, executive interviews, and three required texts:
1) The New Rules of Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott. (ISBN: 978-0-470-11345-5)
2) Strategic Public Relations by Jennifer Gehrt and Colleen Moffitt. (ISBN: 978-1-4363-8725-5)
3) The Public Relations Writer’s Handbook by Carol Ames, Mary Aronson, and Don Spetner. (ISBN: 978-0-7879-8631-5)
|Audio Interview Sample:||Video Interview Sample:
Who Offers the CPRS? The Certified Public Relations Specialist (CPRS) Program is offered through the Business Training Institute, a certification platform that has been educating and providing executives the tools they need to succeed since 2007. Business Training Institute has trained and certified over 15,000 professionals around the world.
Instructor: Ashley Wirthlin is the lead author and editor on PublicRelationsBlogger.com, one of the most cited and well respected public relations blogs on the internet. Ashley joined the G.T.C. Institute in 2009 and has helped develop both our Public Relations Specialist (PRS) and Business Development Specialist (BDS) Programs. While creating the Public Relations Specialist (PRS) Program she worked with dozens of PR experts and firms. Ashley has recorded five interviews with PR experts and included their advice and insights within this training program. Ashley’s background is in public relations, event management, and marketing with a degree in Marketing and Management from the University of Portland.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 15,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
How to Get Started: Register for the Certified Public Relations Specialist Certification now by completing the application below, or by filling in our Payment Options Form. You can also contact an enrollment advisor Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) at (305) 503-9050.
Content Tags: Public Relations Certification Program, Online Public Relations Training, Public Relations Certificate, Certificate in PR, PR Certification, Public Relations Training Program, Public Relations Certification Program, Public Relations Designations, Public Relations Designation Program