The Certified Project Management Specialist (CPMS) is a professional certification tailored to fit the schedules of busy professionals and provides participants with an easy-to-access and revolutionary training platform. This platform includes audio interviews with industry experts, instructional videos covering the best practices, fundamentals and insights. Through learning the roles and responsibilities of project managers, participants will develop, among other skills, the expertise needed to integrate and balance business goals with project goals; select and recruit the right project team; measure project success; and know when to stop a project.
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Project Management Specialist (CPMS):
- Advance your project management career by raising your level of project management knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy.
- Lifetime access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the CPMS Certification Program.
- Speak the project management language – Earning the CPMS Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading project management professionals.
Add The Certified Project Management Specialist (CPMS) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Project Management Specialist (CPMS) program. Once you graduate, you can add the CPMS designation after your name, and you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed a challenging project management training and certification program that required the completion of a strategic project.
- Obtained a _80__% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on project management, which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
How Does This Program Work? Once you register for the CPMS, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online CPMS Classroom page. When you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, training videos, and audio resources. After you’ve gone through the materials there and the required text book and feel ready to take the CPMS examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination. We offer an exam on the 1st Wednesday of the new month giving you 12 opportunities to take the examination each year. Simply complete the Examination Scheduling form, send an email, or give us a call at least 2 weeks before the upcoming exam date, and we’ll get you set up for the test. After you pass the CPMS examination, you’ll be awarded the CPMS certificate and designation to use after your name or on professional resumes.
Participants of the CPMS certification program include:
- Project management professionals looking to improve their management expertise and knowledge.
- Students with some professional experience who are looking for continuing education opportunities.
- Seasoned professionals looking for professional self-improvement training in project management.
- Current project management professionals looking to improve their knowledge and leverage the changes the industry has experienced in the past 10 years.
- Employee groups looking to enhance their project management knowledge.
Business Training Institute Course Catalog: Click here if you would like to review all of our training program options, design your Master’s Certificate, or print out and show what programs you want to complete. We encourage you to share our catalog with your boss, business partner, or team.
Master’s Certificate Credit: You can complete any five programs through our platform to earn your Master’s Certificate online. By completing any of our programs to make up your Master’s, you can customize it and make it practical to the unique career path you plan on taking to reach your goals. This program would count as one of five required programs to complete your Master’s Certificate through the Business Training Institute. To learn more please see our Master’s Certificate page for details.
Certified Project Management Specialist Program Learning Objectives:
- Students will learn the role of projects and project management in the overall success of their enterprise
- Students will learn how to identify different types of project stakeholders and the importance each plays in successful project management: learn what a project manager is and isn’t responsible for, learn the importance of executive sponsorship in projects, Students will learn how to select and recruit the right project team
- Students will learn how to integrate and balance business goals with project goals
- Students will learn different project management models from traditional project management to extreme project management
- Students will learn different cost and time estimating techniques
- Students will learn how to measure project success
- Students will learn when to stop a project
- Students will learn how to plan, execute, monitor and close projects
- Students will develop key ingredients of a successful project plan: select an appropriate project management model for the class project, develop a communication plan for the class project, develop a risk plan for the class project, develop a Work Breakdown Structure for the class project.
Expert Audio Interviews: When you enroll in our programs you get practical phone-based audio interviews with experts in the field of study you have chosen, in this particular program you will get access to expert audio interviews with professionals such as:
|Andreas Perez||Dr. Daniel Collado-Ruiz|
|Mark Jeffrey||Peter Taylor|
Video Modules + Audio Interviews + Required Reading Completing the CPMS program involves self-paced studying using our library of over 35 concise video modules, executive interviews, and two required texts:
1)Effective Project Management: Traditional, Agile, Extreme (5th edition) by Wysocki, R.K. (2009)Indianapolis, Indiana: Wiley Publishing,
2) Harvard Business Review on Managing Projects by Harvard Business Review (2005)Boston, Massachusetts: Harvard Business School
|Audio Interview Sample:
||Video Interview Sample:
Who Offers the CPMS? Certified Project Management Specialist (CPMS) program is offered through the Business Training Institute, a certification platform that has been educating and providing executives the tools they need to succeed since 2007. Business Training Institute has trained and certified over 15,000 professionals around the world.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 15,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
How to Get Started: Register for the CPMS now by completing the application below, or by filling in our Payment Options Form. You can also contact an enrollment advisor Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) at (305) 503-9050.