The Certified Event Management Expert (CEME) program is a professional certification tailored to fit the schedules of busy professionals with our easy-to-access and revolutionary training platform. This platform includes audio interviews with industry experts, instructional videos covering the best practices, fundamentals and insights. Participants will learn critical skills of event management: how to manage time, staff, and volunteers; the importance of risk-management; the impact of the budget; and how to seamlessly carry-out an event’s logistics from registration to thank-you notes.
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Event Management Expert (CEME):
- Advance your event management career by raising your level of event management knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy.
- Lifetime access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the CEME Certification Program.
- Speak the event planning and management language – Earning the CEME Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading event management professionals.
Add The Certified Event Management Expert (CEME) Program to Your Resume Immediately: As soon as you register you can list on your resume that you are a candidate within the Certified Event Management Expert (CEME) program. Once you graduate, you can add the CEME designation after your name, and you can add the following lines to your resume under your Education or Academics section:
- Completed a challenging event management training and certification program that required the completion of a strategic project.
- Obtained a _80__% on the two-hour comprehensive examination on event management, which included 80 multiple choice questions and two essay questions.
How Does This Program Work? Once you register for the CEME, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online CEME Classroom page. When you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, training videos, and audio resources. After you’ve gone through the materials there and the required text book and feel ready to take the CEME examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination. We offer an exam on the 1st Wednesday of the new month giving you 12 opportunities to take the examination each year. Simply complete the Examination Scheduling form, send an email, or give us a call at least 2 weeks before the upcoming exam date, and we’ll get you set up for the test. After you pass the CEME examination, you’ll be awarded the CEME certificate and designation to use after your name or on professional resumes.
Participants of the CEME certification program include:
- Event planning and management professionals looking to improve their event management expertise and knowledge.
- Students with some professional experience who are looking for continuing education opportunities.
- Seasoned professionals looking for professional self-improvement training in event management.
- Current event planning professionals looking to improve their event management knowledge and leverage the changes the event management industry has experienced in the past 10 years.
- Employee groups looking to enhance their event management knowledge.
Business Training Institute Course Catalog: Click here if you would like to review all of our training program options, design your Master’s Certificate, or print out and show what programs you want to complete. We encourage you to share our catalog with your boss, business partner, or team.
Master’s Certificate Credit: You can complete any five programs through our platform to earn your Master’s Certificate online. By completing any of our programs to make up your Master’s, you can customize it and make it practical to the unique career path you plan on taking to reach your goals. This program would count as one of five required programs to complete your Master’s Certificate through the Business Training Institute. To learn more please see our Master’s Certificate page for details.
Certified Event Management Expert Program Learning Objectives:
- How to quickly and effectively improve your practical event and meeting planning and management through best practices in conceptualization and budgeting, to attendee acquisition and marketing.
- Why successful events require attention to every detail including budget, timelines, choosing the best current technologies, securing insurance and permits, creating an impacting atmosphere at venues and managing staff.
- How to effectively negotiate agreements and contracts for venues, caterers, audio-visual suppliers, decorators and all other companies that provide services to the event industry.
- How to instinctively create the look and feel of events based on their type and objectives whether they are social functions, community events, corporate meetings and conferences, or sports and travel expositions.
- What’s going on now and what the future will look like for the meeting, seminar, conference, convention, exposition, trade and consumer show, and special events industries.
- How online technologies change the way people convene and hold meetings.
- What impact “greening” events has on both the environment and your clients, and how to maximize green planning effectively and profitably.
- Why being an effective researcher and wealth of knowledge about the vast world of event planning resources will make you competitive in the industry.
- How to leverage your interest in the event, meeting, hospitality, tourism, sports and travel industries into an exciting and lucrative event planning career.
- What qualities you need to be an effective and in-demand event planner and how to sell your services.
Expert Audio Interviews: When you enroll in our programs you get practical phone-based audio interviews with experts in the field of study you have chosen, in this particular program you will get access to expert audio interviews with professionals such as:
|Casey Bayley||Sandy Biback|
|Phyllis Cambria||Gary Schirmacher|
Video Modules + Audio Interviews + Required Reading Completing the CEME program involves self-paced studying using our library of over 60 concise video modules, executive interviews, and three required texts:
1) The Complete Guide to Successful Event Planning by Shannon Kilkenny. (ISBN-10: 0910627924)
2) Event Planning: The Ultimate Guide to Successful Meetings, Corporate Events, Fundraising Galas, Conferences, Conventions, Incentives & Other Special Events by Judy Allen. (ISBN-10: 0470155744)
3) Simple Steps to Green Meetings and Events by Amy Spatrisano and Nancy Wilson. (ISBN-10: 0615169902)
|Audio Interview Sample:
||Video Interview Sample:
Who Offers the CEME? The Certified Event Management Expert Program is offered through the Business Training Institute, a certification platform that has been educating and providing executives the tools they need to succeed since 2007. Business Training Institute has trained and certified over 15,000 professionals around the world.
Instructor: Richard C. Wilson is a best selling author, and global speaker who currently runs a 20 person team operating several operating businesses in the finance industry. consulted with over 200 diverse clients which include a $80 Billion asset management firm, publicly traded investment bank, Fortune 100 corporation, and number of small to medium sized businesses.Richard has spoken publicly over 200 times now in 17 different countries at events ranging from 25-3,000 professionals each. He has also started and now ran for a decade a conference business where his team hosts 5-10 training events and investment summits each year, and they have hosted 60 such events now over the past ten years. Through this experience of running a conference business and doing all of the event planning for each of these 60 events internally has taught him and his team 100’s of lessons along the way. Richard has learned not only how to manage events but how to leverage them to develop new business and attract clients towards on a consistent basis. Richard’s education includes a Bachelor’s degree from Oregon State University, an M.B.A. from the University of Portland, and graduate level psychology coursework at Harvard University through their ALM program.
Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will greatly benefit from our career coaching, practical training modules, and resume improvement from completing our programs that we offer a 100% money back refund policy. If you change your mind about completing our programs for any reason at all within the first 7 weeks after registering just email us and you will get your full money back in 1 business day. Give us a test drive by registering today and you will see why over 15,000 participants like you have completed our training programs.
How to Get Started: Register for the CEME now by completing the application below, or by filling in our Payment Options Form. You can also contact an enrollment advisor Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) at (305) 503-9050.
Content Tags: Event Planning Certification Program, Online Event Management Training, Event Management Certification Program, Online Event Planning Training, Event Management Designation, Event Planning Designation, Conference Management Certification, Conference Management Training, Event Management Designation Program